Monday, August 5, 2013

Reflections of a technology lesson

a.)  3 Take-aways from today:

1.  Essential questions are not simple questions that can be responded to by looking up an answer.

2,  Edmodo is a great tool for teachers and seemingly easier to use than Moodle.

3.  Flipping the classroom is not for everyone, nor every situation.

b.)  Teacher NETS that stand out to me:

  1. *Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity stands out for me because I feel that students need to know that technology has purposes and that it's not just for gaming and social media.

    *Plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project is the student NETS that I feel is of vital importance because I find that many students\people today who struggle to manage long-term projects with complex solutions.

    c.)  One thing in my unit that needs to be revised is my one collaborative activity.  I have the students comparing an elementary, high school and pre-school classroom and this assumes that they are all familiar with preschool and high school classrooms, or have some prior knowledge about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment